A short while ago, Cliniko announced that all API keys generated before 20 Feb 2019 will be expiring on 21 March 2019.
To prevent any interruption in service, you'll need to replace all your connected API keys in Finger-Ink before 21 March. If you fail to do so, you'll be locked out of the app on 21 March, and you'll need to re-connect with your new API keys.
To make this task easier: we've just released version 2.1.0 — which includes the ability to see which API keys are expiring:
(visit the App Store on your iPad to update to the latest version)
Replacing your API keys
The process is simple enough:
- Visit the App Store on each iPad to make sure you update to the latest version of Finger-Ink for Cliniko.
- Generate a new API key for each one you'd like to replace. (this may mean asking your practitioners to generate new keys and send these to you).
- Visit the Settings section in Finger-Ink on each iPad and replace the appropriate API keys by tapping the "Replace expiring API key" button.
- Remove the existing API key and add the new one. Tap the red "API Key is expired, please replace and re-connect" button to try connect.
- You should get a "Success!" message and the button should turn blue. Hit the little "x" in the top right-hand corner of the API key change screen to dismiss.
- Repeat with any other API keys that need replacing.
Here's a quick animation showing the process:
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Thank you! 🤩